CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

So thankful...

Why is it that we focus on being thankful only during this time of year when God has showered us with blessings year round? I almost feel that is an insult to our Creator...kind of an, "Oh, and, by the way, thanks for everything you've done all year on our behalf. Amen" Anyways...

Just a few things I am so thankful for...

  • My salvation - I am completely unworthy of God's love and forgiveness, yet He has showered me with both!
  • The family God has blessed me with - two godly, patient parents and four amazingly awesome siblings (who put up with my bossiness over the years).
  • My amazingly loving, supportive, understanding, patient, godly husband - I always dreamed God would bless me with a man like him...and He did.
  • A wonderful place like Northland where I can serve the Lord with those of like minds and an eternal purpose.
  • God's sovereignty - we don't yet know His will for our future, but we know He is working all things for the purpose of His glory.
  • I'm thankful for God's hand in blessing TJ and myself with a sweet little baby girl whom we are so excited to meet in 8 weeks! We pray for her everyday.
  • Food...I couldn't live without it - and God has never let me go hungry.
  • My church family! I absolutely love Grace Baptist and the wonderful people there...and the Pastor God has given us. I miss it terribly whenever I'm gone.
  • I'm so thankful for the Holy Spirit who works in my heart everyday whether or not I'm being obedient...I'm thankful that He has never given up on me.
  • I'm thankful for music...it's just a little taste of heaven and a wonderful outlet for praise to our Creator.
I praise God for His kindness to us! And I hope He teaches me to be thankful everyday for big things and small things.

1 comments:

Kate McDonald said...

Yeah, the traveling life isn't all its cracked up to be, but then again, I think every calling also has its sacrifices!

I delivered Cohen only a few weeks further along than you are now! And I cannot believe that was now over 6 months ago! The pregnancy seems slow and then as soon as she gets here, you won't believe how fast life is! Everyone tells you that, I know, but it is true.

I wanted to encourage you that delivery is the most beautiful, special thing imaginable. Don't let "those" women (you know who I am talking about!) make you feel afraid...your body was created for birthing and it knows what to do. You will love it! I read a great book about 2 months before Cohen came that I feel really helped me to be mentally/emotionally/physically prepared for birth..its called "The Birth Book" by Dr Sears. I highly recommend it!

Best wishes in this short time before your little girls enters the world...make sure to let us know (with pics!) when she arrives...